Open Mic Night
- The Oakland Brothers host the Bird in Hand, Dartford Open Mic Night 1st Wednesday of Every Month. All welcome just bring your songs, please email any questions.
- Wednesday 4th - Bird in Hand Open Mic Night, Dartford 8pm
- Sunday 8th - The Black Horse, Bexley, 3pm
- Saturday 14th - Royal Oak (aka Polly), Bexleyheath 8.30pm
- Saturday 21st - Royal Oak, Tonbridge, 8.30pm
- Saturday 28th - Private Function
- Wednesday 1st - Bird in Hand Open Mic Night, Dartford 8pm
- Saturday 4th - The Bird in Hand, Crayford 8.30pm
- Sunday 5th - Coopers Arms, Rochester 7.00pm
- Wednesday 15th - The Man of Kent, 8.30pm
- Sunday 26th - The Black Horse, Bexley, 3pm
- Saturday 2nd - Private Function
- Sunday 3rd - The White Swan, Charlton 6.00pm
- Wednesday 6th - Bird in Hand Open Mic Night, Dartford 8pm
- Saturday 16th - Royal Oak (aka Polly), Bexleyheath 8.30pm
- Sunday 17th - The Bird in Hand, Crayford 4.00pm **Christmas Party**
A very enjoyable visit with clever, talented musicians who didn't overpower with the volume.
Roy, New Years Eve at The Bird in Hand
Yesterday afternoon at t'Mill one of the pub's most popular combos returned to entertain us all, the Oakland Brothers. A fascinating guitar and electric violin duo they put a new, original spin on shedloads of rock music classics. It reminds you how underrated the violin is in rock music. But if you hear Nigel Kennedy's recent album of Hendrix covers it really is quite something. Back to the Bros, lots of Kinks went down well, including "Waterloo Sunset" late on, and a cheeky "Anarchy in the UK" delighted the Millers who responded with a traditional knees-up (a sign of approval in these parts) while a great atmosphere developed as the sun shone. The Bros even awarded us with their very own beer mats as well. You just cant get anymore generous. On the firewater front, Andy had Scrum on the pumps, a particular fave, which certainly helped if you were depressed by England's egg chasing.
Punter, Old Mill, Plumstead, September 2015