Open Mic Night
- The Oakland Brothers host the Bird in Hand, Dartford Open Mic Night 1st Tuesday of Every Month. All welcome just bring your songs, please email any questions.
- Saturday 13th - The Bird in Hand, Dartford 6pm
- Sunday 14th - The Morden, Greenwich 4pm
- Friday 19th - Jono’s Ealing 8pm
- Sunday 28th - The Hop Poles pub, 320 Baker Street, Enfield EN1 3LH, 6pm
- Thursday 1st - Man of Kent, Rochester, 8pm
- Friday 2nd - Jono’s Ealing 8pm
- Tuesday 6th - Bird in Hand Open Mic Night, Dartford 8pm
- Saturday 10th - Orpington Liberal Club, 8pm
- Tuesday 13th - The Punch and Judy Tonbridge, 8pm
- Saturday 17th - The Bell Inn, Bearsted, 8pm
- Saturday 1st - Royal Oak, Tonbridge 8pm
- Tuesday 4th - Bird in hand Open Mic Night, Dartford 8pm
- Friday 7th - The White Lion, Chatham 8pm
- Sunday 16th - The Bird in Hand, Crayford, 8.30pm **Christmas Party**
- Saturday 22nd - The Bull, Shooters Hill, 8.30pm
- Saturday 29th - Tonbridge Bowling Club (Private Party)
A very enjoyable visit with clever, talented musicians who didn't overpower with the volume.
Roy, New Years Eve at The Bird in Hand
Yesterday afternoon at t'Mill one of the pub's most popular combos returned to entertain us all, the Oakland Brothers. A fascinating guitar and electric violin duo they put a new, original spin on shedloads of rock music classics. It reminds you how underrated the violin is in rock music. But if you hear Nigel Kennedy's recent album of Hendrix covers it really is quite something. Back to the Bros, lots of Kinks went down well, including "Waterloo Sunset" late on, and a cheeky "Anarchy in the UK" delighted the Millers who responded with a traditional knees-up (a sign of approval in these parts) while a great atmosphere developed as the sun shone. The Bros even awarded us with their very own beer mats as well. You just cant get anymore generous. On the firewater front, Andy had Scrum on the pumps, a particular fave, which certainly helped if you were depressed by England's egg chasing.
Punter, Old Mill, Plumstead, September 2015